Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It Happened One Night


My favorite classic movie by far! For 1934, I just love how natural this movie is. I tire of the stuffiness and overacting found in some classic movies. Transatlantic accent anyone? Erm, pass.   Compared to today's movies, this one was actually considered pretty racy.  I laugh because now it would be rated PG and safe for the whole family.  Though, for its time, I understand why it would have caused a scandal. Married woman traveling alone with a handsome stranger and falling in love with said stranger.  Heck, if I were within 10 feet of Clark Gable back in the day, I'd fall in love too. It's impossible not to be terribly endeared by Claudette Colbert and definitely impossible not to swoon over Clark Gable.  Gah, what a classy hunk. I'm definitely having a Clark Gable movie marathon this weekend.

images via herehere , here , and here

No comments:

Post a Comment