Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Space Jewelery

I was browsing through Kingdom of Style (by the way, I find Queen Michelle and Queen Marie to be so endearing. They seem like some genuinely sweet <and edgy!> ladies) and I saw these necklaces by Drown and I instantly fell in love.  Adorning your body with the visually stunning wonders of the universe - I wish I had thought of it!

 images via here
Even though I'm posting about adorning your exterior, it's always important to take care of the interior.  I stumbled upon this video today about a girl my age with a rare disease that doesn't allow her to gain weight and it really put a lot of things into perspective for me.  She's truly inspiring and a testament as to what can be achieved, even when the odds are against you.  Although all of us don't look like the models above and there are some of us that sometimes feel limited by our looks, we have life and that, in and of itself, is an amazing thing. God knows about my issues with body image and the concept of beauty as I was growing up.  Thankfully, I have grown in wisdom in that area, even though there are still moments when my old insecurities surface. We are all walking souls and one day, our outer shell will no longer exist.  What do you look like underneath?

No comments:

Post a Comment