Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mexican Hot Chocolate

Mexican Hot Chocolate

It's like the best effing thing to ever occur in human history. I ain't talking 'bout no Abuelita stuff.  I for the life of me can't get that shiz to taste good and have always pretended to like it at family functions and, generally, just hispanic social gatherings. Nooo, I'm talking about the real deal. The cat's meow; the bees effing knees. Now, I can't point out a specific brand. (Mainly, because all the instant brands here in Cali are just. . . bleh. . . ) But every once in a while there's a little restaurant here or in Tijuana that makes it so. . . it just blows your mind. It. blows. your. mind.   Why am I writing so passionately about hot chocolate from Mexico? Because I really want sommmeee! I'm sick like nobody's business and I feel like the only prescription is Mexican Hot Chocolate.  Maybe if I rub my cup of Theraflu, a genie will materialize and transubstantiate my gross medicinal concoction into cacao and cinnamon laced bliss.  To torture myself even further, I found the best Mexican Hot Chocolate photos I could find on the interwebs.  I'm kind of ok now because my friend brought me some orange juice.  It's funny how my moods change.

images via  here, here, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment